1) make a contact list of everyone that you know. With technology we can have anyone in any state be part of your virtual launch! 2) create a private Facebook group for your launch party that will then become your customer group. Click here for a step by step of how to set up a fb group & launching your new consultant debut on fb
Now that you've got your group set up, let's start strategically adding potential customers. #1 rule:: we don't ever add someone else's customer! We make sure not to do that by 1) having entry questions to your group, and 2) if anyone is added by a friend or doesn't answer the questions, begin a personal messenger conversation with her so you can learn about her skincare needs and also feel out if she's ever tried MK before or has a current consultant. You may have already set up those group entry questions and that's great!
Go ahead and post a few things in your group NOW so that when people are added, they see at least 1-3 posts already there. You can share about you, WHY you got started with Mary Kay, what your goals are, or even some product posts that you can copy and paste from the Pretend Customer Group
To begin adding people, you DO NOT want to just randomly go down your friends list and add ladies by clicking the invite button. That's a big no no. The goal of the group is to build stronger, more personal relationships. So, a few ways to grow your customer group:
1. If you did any type of facebook personal profile announcement for your new business, then go ahead and add those ladies! They are already cheering you on! Then, personally message them to thank them for their like/congrats and to let them know that you added them to your exclusive VIP customer group (tell them the name of your group), and ask that they make sure to hit "join group" so they will continue to be part of the fun.
2. Gently do a facebook personal profile post that directs ladies to join your group. I have an example via pic that I'll send. You can link or even share your group with this. Go to your group, the upper right shield, share group, share to your personal page and then add text. That will allow ladies to directly click on your group link and join. Another way is to use the @ symbol and link your group name, but the share feature is often better.
3. Add any ladies who are close to you (family, close friends) who have already shown interest or support. 4. After you have some initial ladies in the group, you can do a giveaway for a group member adding and tagging 10 new members. We can talk more about this later. But it's a great idea -- for now, focus on adding those initial members. The goal::: add potential customers without taking someone else's customer, all while building trust, credibility, and BEING YOURSELF in your group! So you started your business and you're ready to have a virtual launch! If you'd like to do a in person launch party ask Joni!
5) I'd start with a welcome post introducing yourself with a few pictures of yourself, your family, kids, things your passionate about like Mayne you hiking or gardening or as an artist etc. share why you started your MK business and what you're most excited about. End your post with a question, maybe something like if you could change any 1 thing about your skin what would it be? comment for a chance to win a free product.
Then via private message on fb and text I would send a message and copy and paste the group address in the message so they can click to join it - DO NOT use the invite button on the fb group, this will only land you in fb jail and they'll limit you to inviting about 30 at a time.
A sample message you could send on fb messenger could sound something like:
Hey Maria, I'm so excited to share with your that I just started my new Mary Kay business and I am starting a fb group where I'll showcase some live videos featuring products, and some giveaways and lots of fun. I have a goal to have 30 ladies in it before the end of the week! Here is the link to be in it if you'd like! Thanks in advance for your support! Can I ask you, if you could change one thing about your skin what would it be?!
When she write back and answers that 1 thing and joins your group, send something back to her like:
Thanks so much for being in my group! I have another challenge you might want to help me with. I need faces to practice on so that I know what I'm doing! LOL😜 The products you would be using are high quality - much like what you'd experience at a spa. And, as a thank you, I'd love to gift you with one of our coveted swag bags!I can't believe how they have already changed my skin! Would you be able to hop on the group at day and time and do a facial with my director and I? I would mail you samples and you can see her but we can't see you, you just try them our and give your feedback! what cha think? I just need your address and if your skin is more normal/dry or combination oily?
printable working virtual packet - NOTE this link when printed the videos wont play and the links won't click - to use the interactive packet -click the image above!