"Within yourself lies everything you ever dreamed of being." -Mary Kay Ash
"The first step is the hardest - making a commitment to yourself, for yourself."
-Mary Kay Ash
When you complete these tasks in your first 15 days you will get a $50 gift card to anywhere you choose!
_____ Welcome Call with Joni
_____ Send Joni a Completed Goal Sheet
_____ Get 50 members in your Customer VIP FB Group
_____ Place your first qualified product order with Joni
_____ Add 3 team members
While you are waiting for your Starter Kit to arrive...
- If you didn't receive a welcome packet yet, you can Click HERE to download and print the complete welcome packet
- Take the odometer reading on your vehicle. One of your biggest tax deductions is mileage! Record this in a designated mileage log notebook, i suggest a small one that fits in your glovebox. all miles driven for business purposes are a tax deduction, just keep track of the round trip miles, date and reason of the trip and odometer reading. Here's a fun mileage tracker
- Make a contact list of 100 women. Here is a fun contact list sheet to make your list or use the one in the go kit above! Find a memory jogger sheet here to help you with this. You'll be surprised how many people you come up with! The average woman knows 300+ people! Think of who you’d invite to a wedding! Don’t prejudge, put everyone you know thats friendly and has skin! Write these names in your notebook or blank paper in your 3 ring « brain book » binder which you’ll read more about later
- Make a reservation with me for your initial orientation, getting to know you, and to map out a customized plan for YOU! click here to schedule that calendly.com/jonicool/orientation
- Change your personal cell phone and house phone voicemail to include that you are a Consultant! Make sure you message sounds professional and upbeat! Example: “Hi, and thank you for calling! You’ve reached ___Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant, please leave your name, phone number and a message so I can get right back with you! Have a great day!
- Attend your first weekly success meeting! Find information on our local meeting here, or contact me for the location closest to you!
- Purchase a few things to get yourself organized: an accordion folder to keep your papers organized in your starter kit bag for your appointments, a 3-ring binder with tab dividers, 6+ elastic headbands and 6+ plastic bowls (look for them at the $1 store), cotton rounds or squares (not balls), and several pens. During orientation, I will explain what to do with these things.
- Log on to www.marykayintouch.com. Enter your consultant number and create a password. Review the FIRST STEPS OFFERS. There are lots of goodies waiting for you!
- Set up your Mary Kay personal shopping website. Click here to be redirected to set it up. also here's a page on our website that has helpful "tech savvy" videos to help guide you as you set it up -> click here
- Set up your ProPay account. This gives you the ability to accept credit and debit card payments from customers and links directly to your ordering screen on marykayintouch.com. Click here to be redirected to set it up. On the homepage go to the ordering tab then down to Propay.
- Order your business kit from MKConnections. Make sure you order this AFTER you set up your Mary Kay personal website so you can include this information on your business cards, product reorder labels, and stamp for you beauty books & catalogs! Click here to be redirected to set it up. On the homepage go to the ordering tab then down to MKConnections.
- Schedule a time with Joni to discuss what initial order amount is right for you and place your order. Click here to find more information on inventory, why it is important, and free product bonus with your first order.
Help me be the best coach for you...
- Personality profiles will help me, as your business coach, to understand who you are and give you what you need to succeed. Fill out the profiles and email the results, then contact me to schedule a coaching appointment call. Earn your charm when you've completed all the steps!
- Also print and laminate our unit skin care set sheets. These can be found here to download. I recommend 6 of the pink timewise skin care and 2 of the other skin cares as you have them for demo. Laminate with the starter kit flyer on the back. Be SURE to print ALL in color. You will use these over and over! *note: if you did the beat your box challenge, you will get 3 time wise sheets laminated with the starter kit flyer on the back!
Once your Starter Kit has arrived...
- Watch the ”Unpacking Your Starter Kit” video below.
- Put the dates of the Mary Kay events and training meetings in your datebook. You can find the upcoming events and dates here. If you are not local to the Harrisburg, PA area, contact Joni and she will find you a meeting local to you and you can plug into those events and trainings!
- If you would like to hold a business debut launch party click here to find all that info
- Practice your ”skin care class flipchart” several times out loud in the mirror. Click here to find and print the additional adaptation pages that our unit uses. There is also a few pages at the end to add to your Flipchart to share the opportunity. At the end of app your appts, have everyone fill out the Think Pink sheet and send a picture to Joni. We also like to use a fun sheet for Referrals. you can find both of these documents HERE and double side print in color for your appointments
- Book your first parties and practice facials! Use the script in your go kit to set up your initial appointments. If you need to reference the go kit again click here. Your goal is to book EACH person on your contact list and have them bring friends rather than several people on your list come together at the same time. This will help you branch out, meet new people, and expand your customers! Your goal is to get 10 appointments scheduled on your datebook as soon as possible! Half of what you book will postpone, so don’t stop at 10, that just means you are open for business! Order your initial inventory order if you haven’t already. You can’t sell from an empty wagon!
- Start practicing on faces! Your goal is 15 practice faces in your first 2 weeks, and 30 in your first month! These are your Perfect and Power Starts (see more about this later in this packet)! The Faces start counting with the first one you pamper. You can have 1–6 at an appointment at one time. Practice makes perfect, use the products in your kit and additional demos ordered for you in in your initial order and follow the script in your flip chart.
- Set a goal to sell 25 items from the catalog in 7 days (7 day wonder challenge). You can use paper catalogs or the ecatalog link and online sales tickets with the MyCustomers+ app. Ask Joni for a script and how to take orders!
- Pack your Starter Kit bag. In the accordion folder you purchased, put your Look Book catalogs, samples, and business cards. Put the profile cards, sales tickets, set closing sheets. Here are some other helpful tips to be set up for success. Then put all the retail size product out of the boxes in the roll up bag that came free in your initial order.
- Try all the products in your Starter Kit!
- Begin reading the Mary Kay Autobiography to learn the heart and vision of Mary Kay Ash and the company. Aim to read a chapter a day!
- Begin reading the “Start Something Beautiful” magazine. This is jam packed with all kinds of great tips, tools, scripts, and more!
Unpacking Your Starter Kit
"What you believe, you can achieve." -Mary Kay Ash
Once your Inventory has Arrived
- Label your inventory with your product labels (especially skin care and skin supplements). Labels can be ordered from MKConnections (I suggest ordering the business kit). Make SURE you have your phone, email AND websiteon your reorder labels, stamp and business cards!
- Use your business kit stamp to stamp all Look Books, Beauty Books, and team building materials.
- The Beauty Coat, Trunk Organizer, and Inventory Carrier (pictured below) are great to invest in if you have extra funds after becoming a Star Consultant and can also be ordered from MKConnections.
- A fishing tackle box is perfect for eye and lip liner samples as well as mascara wands, sponge tip applicators, Q-tips etc. Take your product items with you to the store to check fitting.
- Organize and store inventory both on office shelving and in carriers that you are taking to your appointments. Product can safely be carried in your car trunk except in times of extreme heat or cold. Be sure to alphabetize the eye shadows and blushes, etc. for easy location while filling orders!
- Discuss with your recruiter or director how much of each item to take to your appointments.
Dress for Success
You have entered the fabulous business of beauty, so it is imperative that you always look & act the part of a professional & successful Beauty Consultant. Remember….you only get one chance to make a first impression!
"The definition of successful people is simply ordinary people with extraordinary determination."-Mary Kay Ash
- ALWAYS wear a skirt or dress when conducting MK Business, when holding appointments, and attending trainings/meetings/events. Slacks, jeans, or shorts are NOT acceptable attire for any MK function.
- Wear the Mary Kay products from head to toe and no other brands so you are able to sell your product. You are your best advertisement. Be sure your makeup looks flawless.
- Wear your Mary Kay logo pin at all times to advertise your business! Mary Kay also recognizes your achievements with pin enhancements…wear the 2 most recently awarded pins to events as well.
- Arrive at all appointments, events & meetings with 100% positive attitude. It is said that 90% of our success is in our attitude! Your attitude determines your altitude.
- We believe what we hear most often, so be sure you are hearing positive things from those around you, associate with those that lift you up and encourage you, and give yourself positive self-talk.
- Click here for more information on professional image at company events.